Do you ever get tired of looking at the same old keyboard? Well, if you have an MSI laptop you can change the keyboard color to add a little bit of personality to your device. So, back to the main question, how to change your keyboard color on MSI Laptop? Here’s a quick answer.
This can be done by using the embedded software and the drivers. Most of the MSI laptops own a SteelSeries keyboard. So in that case you can use SteelSeries Engine 3 to change the keyboard on MSI Laptop.
But that was just a quick sneak peek of what we are going to discuss today. This article will be quite detailed and we will show you a variety of approaches on how to change your keyboard color on an MSI laptop.
How to Change Your Keyboard Color on MSI Laptop?
Keep in mind that there are various approaches to do so, and we are going to walk you through each one of them so sit tight and keep on reading this post till the end.
Method – 1: By Using SteelSeries Engine 3 Software
As we discussed earlier, most of the MSI Laptops are equipped with a SteelSeries keyboard. So what does that mean?
Well, that means you can use the SteelSeries Engine 3 Software to change your MSI Laptop’s keyboard color. Isn’t it cool?
Before we start, make sure that you have downloaded the SteelSeries Engine 3 app on your computer. If you haven’t then make sure to install SteelSeries Engine 3 first.
Assuming that you’ve already installed the application, then follow this set of instructions to do so:
- Open the application on your computer.
- After that click on the Gear Tab located near the Apps section.
- In the Gear tab choose MSI Per-Key RGB Keyboard
- Now, click on View Options and click on Illumination. Make sure that Live Preview is On.
- Here you will find some preset RGB patterns under the Template section.
- On your left side, you will be able to spot different tools so that you can create an RGB pattern of your choice.
- Under the Effects section, change the RGB illumination style of your keyboard.
How to Use Tools to Create an RGB Pattern?
After accessing the RGB patterns under the template, you will be able to find different tools on the left side of your screen. As mentioned earlier, these tools can be used to create an RGB pattern of your choice.
But how do you use them? Don’t worry I got you covered. Following is a list of tools along with their functions.
It is used to add a new RGB color pattern
Dotted Square Icon:
It allows you to select a specific area of your keyboard so that you can make specific adjustments to that particular section.
Magic Wand Icon:
This tool allows you to select areas having the same effect
Paint Brush Icon:
It allows you to paint your current RGB settings
You can use this tool to change the RGB settings to default for the selected areas.
There are a couple of benefits associated with using this software.
- First of all, it allows you to change your MSI Keyboard’s color.
- It helps you set the illumination of the keys
- You can also change your keyboard’s keybind with this software
While there are a lot of benefits to using this software, still,
- A few people find it complicated to use
Method – 2: By Using MSI Dragon Center
While the first method is quite easy to use but if you find it complicated or if you have encountered any issues, then you can always use MSI Dragon Center to change your keyboard’s color on your MSI Laptop.
Again, before following the instructions, it is important to install MSI Dragon Center first. If you haven’t installed it already then you can easily download it by using this link.
Now, assuming that you have already downloaded the MSI Dragon Center, the next thing is to follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below:
- Firstly, open the MSI Dragon Center on your computer
- After that click on the LED Wizard located at the bottom of your screen.
- The LED Wizard allows you to horizontally divide your keyboard into three different sections.
For each of these three sections, you can specify a color combination. Along with that, you can also adjust your brightness level.
There are different benefits of this application, such as:
- This app allows the users to control the fan speed
- You can also change the RGB on your device’s hardware components
- With MSI Dragon Center, one can also monitor the system temperature
- No such cons reported yet
So this was all about changing your keyboard color on an MSI Laptop. Basically, there are two ways to do so. You can either use the MSI Dragon Center, or else you can go with the SteelSeries Engine 3 Software, whichever suits you.
We hope that by the end of this post, you will be able to understand the complete process. If you still have any issues or if you have any questions then let us know in the comments section.
Looking forward to hearing from you.